There are various creams and gels available for the treatment and removal of acne, however not all have been proven to be as effective for us all, due to the possibility of side effects and the type of constitution we possess to take advantage of them.
Here are the remedies that helped me, hope that they will work for you as well.
- The first and most important step is to THROW AWAY ALL OF YOUR ACNE PRODUCTS. These products may be good for a short-term fix for a small problem spot, but all they do is dry out your skin, causing the skin to flake (clogging your pores) and to produce MORE oil to compensate.
- This may sound like proclaiming the obvious, but for those who don’t know, it is advisable to wash your face twice a day with an acne soap, which are usually sulfur based. The best times to wash your face are in the morning after waking up and at night, before going to bed. Washing should be done gently, as aggressive scrubbing will damage it further. Be careful not to over wash your skin, for this stimulates the sebaceous glands, and may actually result in increased acne.
- Most women know that cucumber is great for your skin. It can also be used to fight and prevent acne. Make a cucumber paste, put it on your face and let is stay there for several minutes. Unlike lemon and vinegar cucumber doesn’t dry your face, quite the opposite, it moisturize your skin and supplies it with vitamins. Use cucumber mask twice a week and you will see definite improvements to your skin condition.
- Now, you can eat some ginger and garlic during the day or whenever you like. Ginger and garlic help for your acne condition because they boost your immune system. Thus, those bacterias that cause acne can be killed easily by your immune system without causing any inflammation. Speaking of inflammation (swelling and redness on skin) caused by acne, ginger and garlic contain tons of anti-inflammatory elements that can help you reduce those ugly marks and redness.
- Immediately after you are done showering pat your face gently with a towel and apply a light moisturizer -Oil of Olay is a good choice. Use Oil of Olay Regenerist if you would also like to prevent wrinkles. Once again, DO NOT use a moisturizer invented for acne.
- Among the natural remedies for acne, a substance that is used frequently is honey. You can try using a honey mask applied to your face once or twice a week. This golden elixir is said to be effective in treating acne due to its antibacterial properties, which work in disinfecting and healing minor blemishes. It is also supposed to give your skin a glow.
- Mint has been used to stop acne for centuries. It probably grows in your garden or you can buy it in a fruit and vegetable shop. Squeeze juice from mint leaves and apply to your face before going to bed.